Wednesday, October 1, 2008

NeW yOrK, nEw YoRk...


Well, this last weekend Breton and I took a little 5 day trip to New York City!!  We hadn't been there since I was pregnant with Kaylin so it was so fun to go back!  The food, the shops, the shows...everything about it was so great--for us at least!  So back at home...Mike, Alicia, Ashlee and her new hubby, Shay (keep in mind they have been home from their honeymoon for 1 week) were watching KK and Dax for us while we were away.  This was the first time we've left the kids with someone other than my mom.  Well, Sunday morning I get a call and Dax had the flu!  Throwing up over and over...sick as can be!  This is also the first time Dax has ever been super sick--and of course it happens when we are out of town...that darn "murphey's law"!  Anyway, to cut the story short...Ashlee ends up getting it so Shay is trying to take care of 2 kids and his sick wife!  Mike gets it a few days later, I get it a few days after being home, and then finally Alicia!!   Pure craziness!!  Anyway, I was SO SO proud of how well my cute siblings handled everything...helping each other out and taking care of sick babies!!  They were so wonderful and we really can't thank them enough!!!



Yeah, no sparing calories here!  So delicious!!!

Our hotel was right next to Central Park so we would go running in the mornings through the park...so fun!!


Finally, we saw "Lion King" and it was fabulous!!  I have been wanting to see this since we were here last!




What a great game...The Giants won in overtime against the Cincinnati Bengals!!

The Best Pizza in NY...we ate here twice it was so good!!  

The most famous bakery in NYC...couldn't leave NY without eating a cupcake from the girls' favorite dessert place on "Sex and the City"!!

One of my best friends from high school lives in the city...it was so fun to go to dinner with her and catch up!!




So of course I dragged Breton to "Regis and Kelly" (last time I made him go to "The View", which I feel is probably worse) He is such a good sport!! :)  It was great...we sat in the front row!  I love their show and I must say how cute and darling and itty bitty Kelly is!  She is so freakin' cute...even more so in person!!
Such a fun trip!!!

19 comments:

Marcistar said...

Wow Jenn what a fun fun trip!!! I want to go to NYC SO bad! That's so exciting it was just you an breton! Sorry about the kids though. that sucks that that happened while you were gone!! I want to see Lion King so bad! And a giants game...wow! Can you tell I'm a little jealous!!!

Rustino Scar said...

that's nuts...I eat at Patsy's weekly! You were totally wandering through my hood. Looks like you guys had fun

Amber said...

WoW looks like so much fun. You guys are so cute!

Cari said...

jen...what a fun trip. I am so jealous. I love New York!!! and the prior post...wow what cuties you have. They really are beautiful kiddos. Lucky you!!

Kate Brotherson said...

Jen this was a fun trip. I didn't get all the details from you so I really missed out. I am so glad you are back.....well, off again tomorrow but I will see you next week. Miss hanging out with you

Tibett said...

Wow! How fun! I'm so jealous, I have never been to NYC. Looks like a blast, though. And what nice siblings you have to take your kids! Too bad they all got sick!

cody+sara said...

Looks like such a fun trip! AND you're pretty much famous... you touched Regis & Kelly!! HA! You guys are so adorable!

Okey's said...

Ahhh, I know this sounds crazy, but I am so jealous that you got to go and see Regis and Kelly and get pictures with them! It looks like Regis has just a little make-up on;) Glad you guys had a fun trip!

jakeandstephanietaylor said...

So Jealous! Maybe my husband will take me there someday:) Ok so, I have been in search for a really cute vest and Im in love with yours! Where if you dont mind...did you get it??? You are beautiful...Glad your all feeling better...did Kaylyn end up being sick??

Jayne Layne said...

Lucky Ducks. I have been craving NY so bad lately! it was fun to see your pics to tease me that much more. Looks like you guys had a great time!

The Thompson's said...

How fun! I want to go! And those desserts look SOOOO yummy. Love the pics with Kelly and Regis.

Brittany Simmons said...

What a fun trip- it makes me miss NYC so bad. lso- I'm definitely jealous that you went and saw regis and kelly and got a picture with them....I'm a huge fan!

Jackson Family said...

We've got a lot to talk about!!!! Can't wait to hear more. love ya

Nicolle said...

Oh im so jeleous! Ive never been to New York and have always wanted to go! So fun that it was just you and Brenton! Jaren doesnt love that city so I think i will have to get danielle to take me!

FARRER FAMLIY said...

How fun that you guys got to go to NY! Was it just for fun?? I miss NY, looks like you got to do tons of fun stuff and no kids too! ;)

Amy said...

What a fun trip! My sisters and I went to Serendipity a few years together too - definitely no health foods there! I love NY, you guys did so many fun things too! Love the Lion King, the costumes/sets are amazing. Sorry your fam all got sick though, hopefully it has already passed.

Kass Martin said...

How fun! I would have loved that trip. And meeting Kelly and Regis!!! Awesome! I just got back from a trip with Brian and we left the kids for the first time ever. It was a little nerve racking at first to leave them but so awesome. I don't think they even noticed that I was gone, they were having the time of their life with my mom. Cute pics.

Janei'a said...

Hello! Looks like you guys had a great time! I love New York! Craziness with the flu- that stinks! You guys are such a cute family. We need to get together

The Zeediks said...

Lookw like such a fun trip. It makes me want to go real bad!