Friday, August 15, 2008

ThE PaRtY..."50 Years of Life, 30 Years of Love!!"

Well, here it is... a few pictures from the "ghetto-fabulous" party we had for my parents...celebrating their 30th Wedding Anniversary and 50th Birthdays!  (Ghetto fab. because we had it at my parents favorite "ribs and chicken" restaurant in Alexandria, MN...there's not a lot to work with when you are in such a small town!)  It made it all the more fun though!  I must say I have been quite busy and have had many sleepless nights preparing for this evening, but it was all so worth it!  There were big poster size pictures of them around the room, a 10 question game with funny things about my mom and dad, fun facts from 1978 on all of the tables, a 1978 Candy Bar that had lots of nastalgic candy from the seventies and personalized candy...and my 2 favorite surprises were the slideshow and the book of memories from all their friends!!  It was so fun to surprise them with all of these fun things!!  Then we had a disco ball with strobe lights for the dancing!!  Seriously, it was a "ghetto-fabulous" night!! :)


Here we are with Shay and Ashlee, Mike, Alicia and EJ!  


Ashlee and Alicia made this cute poster story with lots of different candy!

Mike sang a song!

Here is the book I made with all of the letters from their friends!!


My dad and one of his best friends, Mike Herzog!

Brenda Johnson and my cute mom!

Just hangin' out!

Kaylin wanted the microphone ALL night... she wanted to sing for everyone!!  It was pretty funny!!

By the end of the night, both kids were exhausted!!

6 comments:

The Clevelands said...

OK. SUPER MOM!!!  Jen I can't believe all the events that have gone on in your little family, and I bet you planned every last one!  You're such an amazing mom, daughter, wife!  Casey told me about the book you did for Breton and I'm so impressed all that you've put together!  He got a sad look on his face like, why didn't you do anything like that for my 30th birthday?  I'll have to take tips from you!  Miss you!xoxo

Angie Cleveland said...

How cute are you! I know how stressful it gets planning parties and events, but it looks like you did a great job! KK & Savannah are so cute together, I love the pictures of them. Love the matching suits, I am dying to get the one your sis had on, but it doesn't quite fit the budget at this time. Well we miss you tons, Em was saying you guys might come out in Sept. that would be great if you did...we can play!

The Zeediks said...

Can't believe how stinking long your hair is!!! And honestly you really are such a great MOM. I second everything Emily said. How you do it all is beyond me!

Kass Martin said...

What a special tribute to what sounds like awesome parents!! You look like your summer has been so super busy. I love the matching swimsuits, that's so cute.

Sally said...

So fun to see all of your family! Seriously, how gorgeous are the twins? I just got the wedding announcement and couldn't believe it...loved it and would love to come to SLC and see your family!

Your parents look great and were always so much fun.

Also loving your Juicy suits!

Jen said...

ok you are seriously super mom! So thoughtful! I don't know where you get the time to do all that you do! Can't wait for you to get back! By the way I love the picture of KK and Savanna laying out in their bikini's!