Thursday, July 10, 2008

4th of July at the Lake...

Well, we went to visit the fam. at the lakehouse this 4th of July!  Every year there is a huge boat parade on the lake...everyone decorates their boats and it is so fun to watch!  Then at night the Arrowood Resort puts on a big firework show!  It is really fun because everyone is on the lake in boats and the local radio station plays music to go with the fireworks!  Towards the end they always play the Lee Greenwood  song, "I'm Proud to Be an American" and everyone yells and cheers at the words "From the Lakes of Minnesota, to the hills of Tennessee..."  Anyway, it was a really fun 4th and we had great weather all weekend!  The only thing missing was Breton...we all missed him tons!!!











Notice the band-aids....she is at that age where she is obsessed!  A band-aid makes any "owie" better!!

9 comments:

Kass Martin said...

How fun! the 4th on a boat at the lake that seems like the perfect combination. You and your sisters look so much alike it's crazy! Cute fam.

The Clevelands said...

SO Jealous looking at these lake pictures right now! How fun to celebrate the 4th out there! Dax is like a big boy in these pictures... makes me sad that its been so long since we've seen the you guys! xoxo

The Clevelands said...

PS... Interested in running the Fresno half or full marathon in November?! I'm debating if I should sign up or not. I could use a little motivation right about now!

Vicki said...

Seeing pictures of your entire family, especially Judy makes me cry. I miss you all so much. I forget, and then I see/hear how much fun you all are and I realize what I'm missing.

I'm so happy you all get to spend time together at the lake. Your kids, as always, are too cute. Tell Judy HI!!!

FARRER FAMLIY said...

Cute pics, you guy look so cute. It looks like you guys had a fun time! Hope everything is going well in CA.
You dress is so cute!

Charee B Mcclellan said...

so glad that you wrote us back. i would love keeping in touch. you family is so darling...that is nothing new! looks like you guys are always on the move and always having a great time. love the tans!

Kate Brotherson said...

Jen this looks so fun. I love all the cute pictures. Especially the last one of you and KK. You look so beautiful. I just am counting down the days til we get to see ya'll.

Megan R. said...

your kids are adorable. We really need to get together when you guys get back to Utah. Where do you buy all of dax clothes, i love them all.

Trav, Crystal, Carson, Cooper, and Chasely said...

Hi Jen! I love seeing what you guys are up to! Looks like you had a great 4th of July! By the way we changed our blog address to castillonfam.blogspot.com