Monday, November 1, 2010

BrOdY WoOd...

Well, here we go! My attempt to catch up over the last few months! I am going to be writing a lot so feel free to skip over this, however, now that I print my blog it serves as our family journal! So here goes our little story of Brody...someday I may not be able to remember all of these little details unless they are written!
Well, after our "adventure" of spending the summer in Tennessee (and Minnesota :)), we finally headed back home on August 1st...Only 2 weeks before this little guy was born! I ended up getting induced 1 week early and it happened to be on Breton's birthday! So, Thursday, August 12 we went into the hospital to have this little guy. Everything was pretty routine for us (especially since I have been induced with all 3). I got started on pitosin around 8am. By 10:30-11 I was starting to feel the contractions come on pretty strong and was ready to get my epidural. However, the anesthesiologist was in an emergency C-section so I had to wait until he was finished. Minutes just going by as I am gripping on to the rails of the bed, squeezing the pillow behind my head, snapping my fingers in a rhythm, telling Breton to stop talking on the phone because I needed to concentrate :)! (anyone else do these things during labor? haha) So now it is 11:45 and I ask the nurse how much longer will he be? She tells me that she just asked him and he said no longer than 15 min. She checks me and I am dialated to a 6. So now I am just staring at the clock watching every minute pass! Right on time...at 12:00 sharp he is headed into my room to give me the epidural. The nurse tells me to sit up and get ready. Just as I sit on the edge of the bed I have a contraction and let me tell you...the intensity of this one caught me off guard! I will save you my own description of this pain (as I am sure many can probably relate)! So I tell them I have to lay back down...the nurse checks me and I am of course at a 10 and baby is ready to come (which means no epidural)! I have to wait about 10 minutes for Dr. Swanson to arrive...trying NOT to push which is almost impossible. My cute mother in law was there at this point and helped me breathe through it all!! (My mom was coming out a few days later since I decided to get induced and I told her not to change her flight)! Anyway, Dr. Swanson arrived in the middle of a contraction and a few pushes later, Brody had arrived!! The irony of the whole situation was that during my whole pregnancy I was debating on whether to have the epidural or go natural since it was now my 3rd and all! Of course I ended up deciding not to go natural...why fight through the labor pains if I didn't have to, right?? SO...now of course I am glad it happened. I can say I have done it. Will I be doing it again next time? NO THANKS...once was enough!!! I think I will be opting to relax and play "words with friends" with Breton again while we wait!! But of course, Brody was worth every second of it all! We just Love him to pieces!
XOXO



We couldn't believe it...our 1st baby with hair!!!
Born at 12:23 pm
7 lbs 2 oz.
20 inches





Happy Birthday Daddy!









Ready to go home!

Thanks to our wonderful friends and family who watched Kaylin and Dax for us while we were in the hospital!

5 comments:

Kate Brotherson said...

He is so adorable. You are so pretty, Jen. Such a beautiful pregnant girl. I love seeing Kk and Dax with Broody.

cody+sara said...

Congratulations Stout Family! He's perfect.

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

I can't believe NO epidural! Oh my!!! Brody looks so tiny and so handsome. You look amazing as always. Congrats guys! Welcome to the world of 3!!

Unknown said...

wow, go jenn! No epi is no fun, but the recovery seems so much better, i don't know about you. He's a keeper;) Congrats!

Unknown said...

I don't know you or your family at all, just happen upon a pic of Brody in a Google search “ I wuv you" & he is so darn cute I had to click on it. Just want to say what a beautiful family you have! Stay healthy & happy always..