Saturday, June 20, 2009

OuR dAyS iN gRaNd RaPiDs...

Well, we are finally out here in Grand Rapids with Breton!!!  It is SO nice to be together again!  So since we don't have a crib out here we figured this might be a good time to try a big boy bed for Dax!! (Not that I am in any hurry though!)  We found this Lightning MQueen toddler bed on Craigslist for $50...mattress and all!!  He has been doing great in it, except now he can get out himself...so now we just have a safety lock on the door to keep him from coming out!!  Anyway, he loves having a CARS bed...such a big boy!! (Now I just need to work on the binky :))


Kaylin helping me make brownies...well, more like eating the brownie batter!
(And being silly!)



Kaylin, Dax, Haley, Alan, Chris, and Conner!

It has been so nice this summer because Kaylin and Dax have met such cute friends out here!  The apartments that we live in have a huge grassy area in the back and our next door neighbors have 2 boys and the neighbors across have a boy and a girl!  All 6 of these kiddos play every single day...sometimes for hours and hours!!! It really has been the greatest thing!  Here they are playing water games and having a picnic!  Our neighbors have been SO nice and welcoming!!!

Well, here it is...my bargain shopping day at a neighborhood yard sale!  And the Total was $18. 50!  My list of items includes:

-Traveling suitcase for Kaylin
-Polly Pockets gallore...including accessories, cars, castle, etc.
-2 Barbie dolls + tons of clothes
-Barbie Furniture set
-2 puzzles
-3 Fisher Price Learning toys
-Alligator Xylophone
-2 Leap Pad Readers
 -Musical Lawn Mower
-Tigger and Pooh Car
-Trampoline

I only brought out a small bin of toys for the kids so I was pretty happy to find all of this for under $20!!!  However, I probably used half a container of Clorox wipes to clean it all off!!! It was all in really great condition, but I had to do it for my own peace of mind! 


No comments: