Thursday, June 18, 2009

ThE fiRst HaLf oF mAy...


Well, Breton left for Grand Rapids, MI on April 19th to head out for another summer!  The kids and I didn't go out until 5 weeks later...Ugh!!!  Way too long to be away from each other, but I guess those are the sacrifices you make especially now that the kids are older!  Kaylin had her dance recital and preschool to finish up before we left!!  Anyway, I didn't take a ton of pictures during this time, but here are just a few!  Our daily routine for the first few weeks went a little like this:  go to the gym so Mommy could work out (for my sanity :)), go to the park or play outside with Sophia and Oliver,  preschool, swim lessons, dance, naps, and any other errands!  Thank goodness I had my sisters around because they would come over almost everyday...I loved it!!!
Breton decided to fly home for 2 days because 5 weeks was just too long!  Here we are at the airport after 3 weeks of not seeing him! 

Kaylin and Dax so happy to see daddy!!  


Playing at the park!


Sophia, Oliver, and Kaylin!


Spending endless hours outside playing with the sprinkler, riding bikes, etc...!

Worn out after a long day of play!! :)



So the kids did 3 weeks of swim lessons in May and they did such a great job!  Dax was a little nervous the first few days, but he soon loved it and couldn't wait to get in the water for his lesson!  He looked so cute and so big in the water!  Kaylin was a little fish...swimming across the whole pool, floating on her back, and of course jumping off the diving board!  Now if I could only figure out how to get them to do so well outside of their lessons!!  :)  Too bad we have only been to the pool once so far out here in Michigan...and it is June 19th!  The weather hasn't been too great so far...I am dying for some sunny days!!! 

1 comment:

Brady and Lauren said...

Wow, 5 weeks is so long! I'm glad you guys are all together now. I hope you guys are liking Michigan.

The weather has been the same here in Pennsylvania. We have been to the pool once and we are ready for summer to start.