Saturday, April 25, 2009

CaNcUn...


So at the end of March, Breton and I were able to go to Cancun with a bunch of his guys!  It was so fun and so nice to be in such great, hot weather!!  It was beautiful!!  However, I almost didn't make it on the trip...For whatever reason, my passport did not come and it was the day before we were supposed to leave!  After a full day of being on the phone with several "customer service" people from the Passport Agencies, I was told my only option was to fly to a federal building and get my passport in person!  Seriously, I was dying...I couldn't believe it!  So the day before we left to Cancun I ended up taking a flight to LAX, getting a rental car, and drove to the LA Federal Building.  7 hours after I arrived, I was back to the airport heading home to UT with my Passport in hand...Thank Goodness!!!  I got home at 11:30pm, then turned around at 5am the next morning to catch our flight to Cancun! I must say, it was a little crazy...but I guess it made the trip that much more enjoyable!!! :)  Thanks mom for watching the kids for us! 

The Gran Melia' Resort!





View from our room!

Inside the hotel!




Senor Frogs with the gang!

9 comments:

FARRER FAMLIY said...

So pretty looks like you guys had a lot of fun! We miss those times of going on cruises and places like that!

Unknown said...

looks like fun! Soooo jealous.. can't wait to see you in a few days!~ How is the womens conference project going?

Unknown said...

that last comment was by me (Angie) just in case you were wondering!

The Clevelands said...

I had no idea you went through this to get your passport?! What a nightmare! Although I must say I don't feel too bad after looking at all the beautiful pics of you guys! Glad you had fun.

Brady and Lauren said...

What an adventure! I had a some what similar situation that didn't end happy. My passport didn't come in time for our trip to Cancun in January and I was stuck at home. So glad you were able to get it worked out! It looks like you guys had an amazing trip.

Kate Brotherson said...

YEah what a nightmare. I am glad it worked out for you and you got to go. Such a fun place to be when it is cold and wet in Utah!

Jackson Family said...

I love the passport story! It's going down in the favs!

Glad you guys got to go to Cancun before the Swine Flu!!

Oh, it's wonderful that you posted about Banks' Party. I'm so behind in blogging! Maybe tonight.

I'm so excited to see you at the women's conference!You're gonna do such a good job!:)

Texas Jacksons said...

You look so good Jen! Tara said your classes are the best. If I lived there I would be takind my fat lard butt to them. Looks like a fun trip. Hope we can see you guys soon.

Nicolle said...

Ok serioualy can you get any HOTTER!!!! You look AMAZING!!! What a fun trip, im so jeleous I would love to go to Mexico right now! Hey my blog is going private so email me your blog log in address so I can add you! nicolleahlmann@yahoo.com